skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Hope
2010 was definitely a rebuilding year. It was so wonderful-the birth of our second perfect daughter Amelia. But it still was like climbing up a mountain (I mean, 3 car accidents? REALLY?).
So, the biggest challenge was making sure we always had gratitude. It sounds super cheesy, but at our school my principal read us a quote about gratitude. It basically said that we need to show and model gratitude so that our children become content, happy, and grateful. It sounds so simple. But I realized I don't want my children thinking that there always has to be just one more thing that will make them happy. Most likely, they already have it right in front of them.
Is our life the way we may have envisioned it? No way. But is anyone's? Probably not. So every night, at the end of the day, as I nurse Amelia to sleep, I count my blessings. And the list has surprised even me (who can never be surprised). Two perfectly healthy daughters. A great relationship with my husband. A safe neighborhood. A loving and caring family all around us. Two well behaved (well...) dogs. A job where I can't leave on time because there are so many people to talk to and share stories with, my family away from home. A blue sky. Coffee. 4Rivers BBQ. New down pillows on my bed. The ability to run in the morning. The list goes on and on...and the crazy thing? As we became more grateful, more to be grateful for was given to us. So far, 2011 is incredible. And we still have 360 days left.
So I posted the pictures of the girls from Christmas, namely Amelia. The patron saint of hope with her eyebrows always up and a smile on her face, like she is always waiting for the next incredible thing. This year as a family, we will be grateful for what we have, yet also keep a hopeful eye on the future.
1 comment:
oh my goodness, so well written!!! hope 2011 is the best year yet for your family!!! and no more car accidents please!! wish everyone was as positive as you are!
Post a Comment