blog background

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Where's Riley??











Yesterday I was drying my hair and Riley loves hanging out in the bathroom to watch me.  She also loves taking her stroller walker all around the house, so I was glad that she stuck around so I could finish my hair all at once (instead of stopping to chase her around the house). Especially since I recently read that 20 million kids are injured every year due to household unsupervised injuries. I try to follow her everywhere, but she's fast! Childproofing definitely does help. 

Anyways, she decided to hide behind the curtain! She giggled for a minute or two before realizing she could not get out, and got a little anxious. After I moved the curtain back, she was a happy baby again (thankfully, it never takes much to make her happy). 

I also took pictures of her this morning reading a book while I made her breakfast. Now that she has her walkers as her "passport to freedom," she routinely goes to where her books are and begins to "read" them to herself. One of these days, I'll get a video. 

I can't believe how tall she's gotten when I look at these photos. Shorts and pants that were not fitting her, are now working like a charm. She had these shorts that a month ago would ride up and not fit, and now with her new slim self, they work again! Woo hoo for having clothes last longer!

We also started giving her grass-fed whole milk at bedtime. If you know Ricky and I, you know that we try to be as "natural" and "organic" as possible. We also love the Twistee Treat on Colonial, but that is irrelevant (ha!). So Ricky insisted on giving her the best milk possible. It does taste REALLY good, and apparently grass fed is the new thing to do (see King Korn or read The Omnivore's Dilemma).  She loves it and I love getting more sleep, lol. 




No comments: