Well here we are, already. Depending on what you read, I'm either into my third trimester already or a few days away. So we figured that this would be a good time to start documenting everything that is happening, especially since things really start to pick up around now (or so I've been told).
It's also a really good time to start doing this since it's the end of the year for teaching in Orlando and things are gradually winding down. We have been staying at Meredith's parents house since last Sunday. We finally decided to break down and install laminate flooring throughout the entire condo. Despite everyone from You Tube videos to the guy at Floor and Decor telling us that it was super easy, it turned out that there were more intricacies than we thought (if you want it done right). So we ended up hiring a guy to finish up the job. He started yesterday and finished the living room, and will work next weekend and do the two bedrooms and two flights of stairs. It's been an adjustment and we're at the point in our lives where "free food at the parents' house" has gotten old, and we like living on our own. Especially with everything we think of to do for Riley.
And speaking of, the New Father of the Year award goes to my husband (I know, I'm biased). I think his inner superman has come out because he's worked non-stop in that condo. Almost to the point where I'm thinking he needs to relax. He's spent countless nights there by himself, ripping up the carpet and tack strips, pulling up our floorboards, and on top of everything else-painting Riley's room. He's been working so hard to get everything ready that I don't think I'll every forget how dedicated he has been during this time.
Meanwhile, the dogs are enjoying their lives in the lap of luxury at the Coleman residence. Their days consist of laying on the couch, chasing each other through an open floor plan with plenty of space, and catching lizards by the pool. And, sometimes scoring hot dogs from Grandma Maryann. So I think they're the real winners in this whole upheaval.
As for the pregnancy, things continue to go really well. I am swimming and walking the dogs to exercise. We went to the doctor last week for the 27 week checkup and the heartbeat was normal. I have been a little tired the past couple days, but it's worked out because I can nap here anyways! I have a hard time believing that we only have 12 weeks left (give or take a couple, hopefully). We keep having faith that everything will come together, and so far....it has.
And The Natural Bath and Beauty Winners Are…
10 years ago
2 comments:
Love the blog!
This is great! I look forward to future adventures of Riley Olivia!
Post a Comment